SC - Humoral theory is alive and well.

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Wed Aug 2 13:34:26 PDT 2000

Get some umeboshi plums from Gold Mine Natural foods - I have all 3 products-the
pickled plums, the shiso leaves used to pickle the plums and a paste of pickled
plums. Wonderful sweet/sour/salt taste, as a seasoning for soup, the paste is
wonderful, the plums and the shiso are great in rice or 'stirfry'. They also have ume
vinegar and syrup...and all sorts of nifty oriental and period grains and legumes. I
have a great selection that is going to pennsic to do a small class on period cooking
ingredients that we may be having in  SPCA camp if there is any interest [well, ok -
I just couldnt resist the idea of playing with black, purple and red rice as well as
3 kinds of barly, job's tears, 5 lbs of spelt flour for roman cooking and kanten
[agar flakes]  it is the kid/kook coming out]
margali
their number is 858-537-9830, their staff is wonderfully helpful although the
shipping takes time unless you want to spend monies on expressing it. Just tell them
you are interested in the umeboshi plums, shiso leaves and umeboshi paste either
singly or in the 3 bottle sampler.]