SC - Humoral theory is alive and well.

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Wed Aug 2 13:34:26 PDT 2000

Ok, it's not exactly a period reference, but more of a modern reference to something
period that has amused me...

I'm sitting here researching a company who's business we are looking to solicit.
 They sell vitamins and nutritional supplements.  There is a changing "Did you
know" banner on the top of their webpage.  One of the "facts" that it proclaims
is: "Improper food combinations can cause gas, belching, bloating, stomach discomfort
and mental dullness."

Ok, by reputation chili dogs and baked beans could cause the first 4, but is
that really the combination?  Wouldn't chili dogs or baked beans alone, in suitable
quantity, do it too?  And, mental dullness?  All I could think was, Humoral
Theory is alive and well in the Alternate Medicine subculture...

:)
Magdalena vander Brugghe

(Another fact they have is that a normal-sized person has 30-35 billion fat
cells.  Depressing.)