SC - Humoral theory is alive and well.

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 12:51:52 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/2/00 12:38:58 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
tsersen at nni.com writes:

> And, mental dullness?  All I could think was, Humoral
>  Theory is alive and well in the Alternate Medicine subculture...
The mental dullness comes about from the amounts of carbos taken in at one
sitting. If it is not a balanced meal, between all food groups, and overly
heaped with carbos--say chilidogs, with frys, with shake, with dessert--then
you end up with an overproduction of insulin to combat the massive intake and
that lowers the blood sugar drastically and fast, which can make for "groggy"
and "foggy" thinking. Generally, this also happens in families with a
predisposition to diabetes or alcoholism; as they already have the genetic
markers to metabolize incorrectly the intake of large quantities of carbos
and simple sugars....

(And this has been your boring nutrition fact of the day, brought to you by
my doctor who is on me about my own health this week....)

Lars