SC - Re: A question of re-creation

Thu Aug 3 08:24:23 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/2/00 11:29:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kattratt at home.com writes:

<< Do me a favor and don't correct me if I am wrong.

 Nicholas of Falcon Cree. >>

You certainly are not wrong. I just think that in keeping with the 'medieval'
theme charities that have are much broader and have more potential for
actually 'helping' could be utilized. For instance, I think the Make a Wish
Foundation is a good cause (Queen, king, prince/cess for a day thing. I see
various causes dedicated to relieving the cares of the poor, various
organizations dedicated to the eradication human suffering and religious
foundations far more worthy that Toys for Tots. Community activity in
charitable causes is not a bad thing. I do think we could be more specific to
choosing charities that are a) dedicated to ending human suffering and be b)
not 'cutsey' (that is not oriented to emotional response or currently popular
with the yuppie mentality).

I see nothing wrong with choosing appropriate charities. Distributing Star
Wars dolls and monopoly games or plastic cars is not appropriate, IMO.
Animals, children's toys and planting trees in the park are not my idea of
wise use of charity monies. Relieving physical, mental and financial problems
are. I suppose it depends on your perspective but I would rather immunize a
child than give it a plastic truck and watch it die of disease 6 months down
the road.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/