SC - Toys for Tots and other comments

BalthazarBlack@aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Thu Aug 3 20:00:56 PDT 2000

BalthazarBlack at aol.com writes:

<< How does letting a terminally ill child sit on the throne for a
 few hours relieve suffering or financial woes? >>

The mental anguish of knowledge of immanent death is releived.if only for a
short while.

 <<How does it "help" at all? >>

There are cases where the disease has gone into remission...no proof for it
but perhaps the experience of being royalty and treated special for a day
caused the body to say 'I want to live. I can fight this."

<< Maybe a special wing of the hospital dedicated to treating the
 Black Death would be "appropriate"?  >>

Most definitely considering that AIDS is the new Black Death. For 3 Pennsics
in a row I passed out free condoms. The first year they made me put them in
the lost and found at Chirurgeon's point. Many were used but not that many.
The 2nd year I was a merchant and distributed 1200 and hundreds of Safe Sex
pamphlets. By the 3rd year I had the Dept. of Health interested in the
project and since they were not allowed to set up a small booth on AIDS
education, I once again used my merchant booth as a distribution point 6000
condoms were passed out that year with at least one Knight requiring his
retainers and squires to show that they had condoms with them whenever they
left or entered the camp. So yes, building a hospital wing dedicated to those
with the Black Death would be very good, IMO. :-)

I could post the Geed recipe at this point for food content  but I will
refrain. :-)

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/