SC - Toys for Tots and other comments

BalthazarBlack@aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Sat Aug 5 17:31:47 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/5/00 10:59:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:

> I realize that any cheese made in America is essentially not period,
>  especially any 'mass produced cheese' because the non-period cows are
>  eating a non-period diet, and with cheese the breed of cow and the diet
>  REALLY makes a difference...)

Documentation, please?  How do we know that American Cheeses (and I am NOT
talking about the pale orange plastic sheets you get in the grocery) would
not be close to period cheeses?  There are some stellar "gourmet" cheeses
produced here in the United States, many varieties of which were available in
the middle ages.  As to the "non-period diet" comment.... what did they feed
cows in the middle ages that we don't feed them today?  This is a serious
question, by the way.  Perhaps one of the real experts out there could answer
this?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.