SC - Coeliac Foods & a recipe

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Sat Aug 5 20:28:41 PDT 2000

> Ras
> The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
> http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 22:52:25 EDT
> From: LrdRas at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - Toys for Tots and other comments
>
> In a message dated 8/4/00 2:09:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:
>
> << But this is hardly period either, Ras.  >>
>
> Documentation. Please:?
>
> <<Unless, I guess, the condoms were sheep gut or linen (or were they only
> used in Johnson's era and not in period?
>
> Interesting. Sheeps gut condoms and linen condoms were used as early as the
> Roman empire SFAIK. However, the key word here is 'Condom' not what they were
> made of.
>
>  <<Oddly enough, I don't know much about the history of the condom.).>>

<<<I do but it is not appropriate to the cooks list so that knowledge
will not appear here. :-)>>>

Johann von Metten replies:
 allright then, Ras, Where would you feel comfortable posting that
information? Sounds interesting, possibly for the Known World Animal
Husbandry and Arts and Sciences Symposium in 2001, care to teach a
class?

Johann, the co-ordinator of said event.