SC - saffron/paella

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Aug 7 11:25:10 PDT 2000

TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> Polenta describes a boiled grain meal usually cooked drier than a puls or a
>  gruel.  Apicius has a recipe for one from fine wheat flour which is sliced,
>  fried and served with honey.  Cato (IIRC) speaks of barley polenta.

So it is not, necessarily, semolina flour.  Actually, that's good news for
me.  It gives me the impetus to re-research polenta, and perhaps do a little
experimenting on the way...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.