SC - RE: chocolate recipe?

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Mon Aug 7 11:30:19 PDT 2000

Olwen said:
> Hmmm...period...I suppose most of the ingredients are, but I am not holder
> of many period recipe books.  There is an extensive library in our Barony
> and a period recipe whiz I can call with questions.

Yes, but just having period ingredients does not make it a period dish, IMHO.
I was wondering more if folks had some specific evidence to say whether it
was or was not period. I would guess it is, although perhaps late period.

> Cherico's are a spanish
> sausage.  I may be spelling it wrong.  I am sure there is something like it
> in Texas.  They are quite spicy.

Chorizo sausage? They are spicier than most sausages, but I wouldn't call
them spicy myself. Although there are other hot sausages made here, some
with jalapenos in them. I've got about four different brands of chorizo
in the freezer right now that I will be packing tomorrow and taking to
share
with the SPCA group at Pennsic.

> The mussels, clams and claws are all left in the shell.

Well, I guess that is one way to add additional roughage to your diet. :-)

>I usually get the chicken sawed up into small pieces at the
> butcher.  Paella, as I know it is pretty much a hands-on food.  Just my
> style.

Well, there is the Olla Podedra(sp) recipe(s) we talked about here
recently. Lots of hands-on preperation needed for that one.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net