SC - RE: chocolate recipe?

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Aug 8 07:55:16 PDT 2000

> Me:  [I'm reading too
> much Harry Potter... I'm the kind of geek who made Chocolate Frogs for my
> friends when the fourth book came out.]
>
> Gwynydd:  Yes, but have you yet mastered "Every Flavour Beans", or "Butter
> Beer".
> These are the things my daughter wants to taste!

In the place of Every Flavour Beans I bought the 39-flavor mixed Jelly Belly
beans, which come in a dizzying variety of taste treats whilst omitting the
dangers of earwax and lasagne flavors.

Butter Beer I'm still contemplating.  OK, it's suitable for serving to minors,
but gets house-elves tipsy, and can be served hot or cold.  "Butter" sounds like
an unlikely ingredient for a water-soluble brew, but possibly that's a reference
to the color?  When I get the time [after Iron Chef], perhaps I will put
something together with root beer and butter/butterscotch extracts in fizzy
water.

Most of the other foods mentioned in the Harry books has been pretty standard
English fare, with the occasional twist.  Did you notice that the Yorkshire
Pudding gave Ron a North Country dialect for the next few lines?

Selene Colfox
selene at ea