SC - RE: chocolate recipe?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Aug 8 08:00:25 PDT 2000

Lee-Gwen Booth wrote:

> [...]

Oh, it definitely is apocryphal, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. In
ordinary usage, apocrypha are pieces of information that may or may not
be true, named for the Book of Apocrypha, essentially an unofficial
Judaeo-Christian scripture which has not been accepted as part of the
corpus of legitimate scripture.

Obligatory on-topic comment: funny how each side of the English Channel
disavows all responsibility. I bet they're really German. I am reminded
of a cut of beef (a roast from near the loin end of the shoulder, I
believe) which is referred to as a California roast in New York and a
New York roast in California. Not to be confused with a New York steak,
so called because the T-bone or smaller Porterhouse is shaped roughly
like a map of New York State. A trimmed New York steak, though, once
boned and rendered indentity-free, has lost quite a few of the state's
original counties.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy