SC - "paella" originally means 'pan'

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Tue Aug 8 09:53:01 PDT 2000

selene at earthlink.net writes:

This first part is Master A:

>  Emulsifiers, my friend, emulsifiers. I'm thinking of a sweet milk stout
>  > mulled with a hot iron, with a pat of butter swirled in. I don't
>  > remember if butter beer is warm or cool, but since even cool beer in
>  > Britain isn't very cold, this could work. On the other hand, there is a
>  > moderately common (normally undesirable) by-product of the fermentation
>  > of top-fermented ales, which makes the ale taste of butter, some kind of
>  > volatile ester. Maybe Rowlings is a home brewer.

In keeping with the thread, couldn't you try "dry-hopping" a cream stout with
the Buttered Popcorn Jelly Bellies?  Or, melt them down and use them as an
adjunct in the boil??

Now, this part was Selene:

>  I'm still waiting to see a 'spotted dog' pudding that wags its tail.

Isn't the original English Dish more commonly called "Spotted Dick"?  What do
you suppose would be wagging on that one?

Balthazar of Blackmoor
In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.