SC - Every-Flavor Beans and Other Wizard Treats

H B nn3_shay at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 12:43:10 PDT 2000

I'm another cheesehead interesting in making my own!  I just picked up a 'make
your own cheese' kit at a garage sale last week, which has a convenient press
gadget.  Since evidence on the outside of the package suggests that this has been
sitting in someone's garage since 1972, I suspect I'll want to replace the rennet
tablets. <eccch>

OK, just to show you what kind of idiot I am, I make tofu from soybeans, water
and lemon juice.  Yup, one must really be wacky for that.  But it's goooood
stuff.

California allows 'certified' raw milk for sale, by 'certified' dairies such as
Alta-Dena who undergo frequent inspections.

I'm mulling over the notion of looking for a horse-zoned property so I can keep a
milk goat, once we're in a position to buy a house again.