SC - Iron Chef Seppuku

BalthazarBlack@aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 09:29:08 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/10/00 5:25:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:

> Have you ever tried drinking a little fennel tea for that irritable tummy?
>  It works really well for most tummy ailements (including cholic).
>  Just a thought..
>  olwen

This brings up an interesting thought.  Yesterday, I was puttering around at
work making our "Tarragon Chicken Salad", and popped a few bits of fresh
tarragon into my mouth.  I hadn't eaten fresh tarragon for years, and had
totally forgotten the mild "numbing" effect it has on the mouth.  Has anyone
uncovered any medical usage for fresh tarragon, either mundane or medieval?
It seems to me that an unguent made from this stuff might be a period version
of "Anbesol"...good for soothing the pain of toothaches.  By the way, it also
cuts the heat from Hot Peppers quite nicely!!  Better than a radish, or olive
oil, or any of the other "popular" remedies.

Just a thought,

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.