SC - Jelly Bean and other flavours

BalthazarBlack@aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 09:29:52 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/9/00 10:10:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

> Good to see you supporting King Island Dairies!  (My lovely Lady owns shares
>  in King Island...)  It sounds to me as though you over beat the icecream.
>  Try chilling everything right down so that it is forming crystals before
you
>  start the machine.

To be honest, it sounds more like "too much" cream in the ice cream.  The
butterfat in cream will quickly congeal when it gets cold, even more so in
double cream.  If the egg-to-cream ratio is not enough to fully emulsify the
extra cream, then you can get that "greasy" or "waxy" feeling on the palate
when you eat it.  I would suggest adding a few more eggs to the mixer, and
see how that works out.  In all truthfulness, though, you may still get the
waxy feeling, even after adding the extra eggs (extra sugar may work, too).
Butterfat is just that...fat.  Too much butterfat can create a sensation very
similar to eating lard...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.