SC - OT: Accent

BalthazarBlack@aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 20:37:59 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Adamantius

> Peroxide is an effective bleaching agent. You might lose the color of
> the carpet along with the stain.

While this is not totally on topic, I would like to share with you all some
information I recently learned about honey and hydrogen peroxide.

Honey not only draws water out of wounds, but a chemical reaction takes
place when it does this which creates hydrogen peroxide!  This is why it
works as a healing agent.

It would seem that this has been known for about 10 years now, but it is
back in the news here in Tasmania because someone at the University is doing
a study on the fact that jelly bush honey has even better germ-killing
properties than most other varieties.  She has found that a solution of 1%
honey will kill golden staph in hours; it is much faster with a higher
percentage of honey.  Her suggestion is simply applying the honey directly
to the wound for best results.  She also says that she has seen a case of
leg ulcers which had persisted, although it was being conventionally
treated, for (I think) years clear up in weeks with the application of
honey.

There, isn't that an interesting piece of trivia?

Gwynydd