SC - Re: Honey trivia

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 11 09:00:43 PDT 2000

Catherine York wrote:

> Well assuming it was not fate that required Eustace and Harry I to die thus
> leaving England more than happy to have that Angevin Henry II on the throne,
> I always thought it was tiny bones which caused the eater to turn blue and
> choke to death:)  I am of course only getting this from SK Penman's _When
> Christ and His Saints Slept_.

I've always considered choking on a fish bone to be kind of like
drowning in a teaspoon of water. I suppose it's possible, but the
biggest danger always seems to be bad judgement brought about by fear.
For the most part, fish bones that are small enough to put into your
mouth (especially without your noticing them) are actually chewable,
swallowable, easily digested, and actually do more good than harm. Now,
if finding a fish bone causes you to go into a panic attack, and you
gasp the entire contents of your mouth into your trachea, does that
still count as choking on a fish bone?

Adamantius, choking on a whalebone from a late-period bodice, thought
they'd said it was a boudin
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com