SC - Cooks' List Own Gourmet Ice Cream Flavors

Jeff Brainard marcocaprioli at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 12:57:18 PDT 2000

Ah, the bloodstain removal thread has reminded me of many stinky memories.
There was the time SOMEONE forgot to bring the fish in from the car... The
overturned crockpot of baked beans in the back of the Ford Escort... baby
puke...OK, enough of that.
This is Leanna unlurking.  Finally finished catching up fiscal year 2000.
Thank God, no more late nights for awhile.  Maybe I'll get to redact some
recipes.  'Lainie, the offer is still open to visit the flatlands of
Ansteorra -- I will not, however, lick whipped cream from the back of your
neck.  I, too, have medical problems that hamper my enjoyment of life, but
I'm not giving up!  I suffered IBS for about 4 weeks, sleep disturbances,
depression, etc.  My problem was my job. Don't get me wrong, I love my job,
but for awhile, I just couldn't take it.  So, I went into my director's
office and had a long talk with her.  I let her know it wasn't job
pressure, but feeling taken for granted that bothered me.  (I also have a
dingleberry for an immediate supervisor. She seems to think she can
delegate ALL her work to me.) I'm still limping on my left foot.  When I
slipped and fell in the bathtub, I crushed my foot against the end of the
tub.  Damned porcelain doesn't give no matter how hard you kick it.  Now, I
have Charcot changes in that foot. ("Damn, I don't know how you're walking
on it!" the podiatrist said. "You don't have a single normal joint in that
foot.") Couple that with the broken right knee I suffered in 1998, and you
have someone who now limps on both sides. Sorry this is getting so long,
but I want to thank the list for cheering me up through all this.  I often
don't reply, because I don't want to depress anyone else with my problems.
Now, for my food issue:  I'm doing a food booth for King Arthur Fair in
Stroud, Oklahoma in October.  I'd like some ideas on period sweets I could
make up to sell.  I'm doing the expected smoked turkey legs and
sausage-on-a-stick, but I'd like to have something period to "redeem"
myself with.  I'm planning on taking my wafer iron to make wafers on site.
I've experimented with the Pizzelle recipe that came with the iron and,
changing the spices, have developed some wonderful flavors.  I was
wondering what youall thought about gingerbrede and the lovely-sounding
almond-honey confection someone listed awhile back?  Do you think anyone
would pay for pickled eggs or mushrooms? The site is somewhat primitive -
I'll be using a grill, an electric roaster oven and a propane 2-burner
stove.  Refrigeration will be limited to coolers.  What do youall think?
Leanna