SC - Waverly Root

Sat Aug 19 19:04:49 PDT 2000

Hello y'all!

Well, I'm semi awake, having partied hard, and handed off the tiara. My
successor is the lovely Queen Accordiana, and accordion-playing SLUG with
the most _amazaing_ outfit and set of zills... She will be a delightful
Queen, having a large active support group (the local music group,
Accordions Anonymous), and an approproately bizarre sense of humour. I
handed of thank you and gifts to several people, and then I auctioned off
the famed Dingle-Ball Bra (TM) to benefit the new Library. Someone yelled
out "What size is it?" which had me gasping (what was I going to say?) And
then my lovely Consort, Seumas Slimas jumped up behind me and told the
crowd "Just the _right_ size!" which pleased me so that I grabbed him and
kissed him onstage! The crowd went wild! The auction brought $209 to the
coffers for the Library fund, much more than I had thought it would! I
handed out bouquets of lovely carrots, and then there was the chocolate
Slug- Fenton & Lee's finest truffle- made up into a slug of prodigous
proportions, complete with a 'meal' of vegetables, also done in colored
chocolate... quite yummy. It went to the new Queen and her minions. And I
came home with baskets full of bribes (Accordiana even cut CD's!). #1
Sluggette and I danced (OW. Knee very unhappy, but the populace loved it)
and two of other Old Queens want to know where I got the very pretty
consort (who arrived after the dancing). They were eyeing my back but he's
MINE. It was a lovely evening, and now I'm free! Yay! I'm an Old Queen now
(we reign in perpetuity) and I can do as I pleae! Yee-haw! heh, heh,
heh...

hoping there's pictures in the paper,

'Lainie
AKA Carmen Slugana