SC - Historical Greek Restaurant WAS: need calamari advice

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Tue Aug 22 08:07:38 PDT 2000

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Lutefisk, acorns, who's counting?

I eat many strangers^Wstrange foods.

> The former mayor of Nice publicized this as a method of soaking salt
> cod. I like this part... even when the mayor was not at home in the
> Hotel Municipal, or whatever you'd call such a place, the oldest and
> most trusted servant, the majordomo, had instructions to go in and flush
> the master's toilet ten times a day.

And why not? The water that enters the tank is plain tap-water, and
there is no contact with any bodilly fluids.

> As for acorns, I suppose it might sort of defeat the purpose, but you
> can buy pre-leeched acorns, peeled and soaked free of tannins and other
> objectionable chemicals, at good Korean groceries. I haven't been able
> to find out what people do with them.

Boil into mush? Use as a part of baking? Lots of other uses, I can look,
or the Other primitive skills person here (the slug-loved herald) may
have more ways in his mind.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Quark Express was designed by and for people with short attention spans,
document structure fobia and *way* too much money.