SC - Double cream

Elysant@aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Thu Aug 24 16:14:05 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 24 Aug 00,, that Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> It's too early in the morning, and I haven't finished my tea, or I'd
> find the specific butterfat percentage ranges for the various kinds of
> cream in the USA and the UK. Maybe someone else has this information
> handy?
>
> Adamantius

The rec.food.cooking FAQ has this, and other neat bits of information.
It is well worth bookmarking, and is webbed (among other places) at:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cooking/faq/

This is what it has to say about cream:

The minimum milk fat content by weight for various types of cream:
 		                  (UK)    (US)
Clotted Cream		55%
Double Cream       48%
Heavy Cream         		 36%
Whipping Cream    35%  	 30%
Whipped Cream     35%
Single Cream         18%     (=Light Cream)
Half Cream             12%     (=Half and Half*)

* Half and Half has only 10% butterfat in British Columbia.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net