SC - double cream

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Aug 27 17:30:05 PDT 2000

Luveday said:
> I've been following this tread, and while it seems to be a good idea, I
just
> wanted to share some of my concerns and real life experiences.
>
> First, how is this to be funded?
<snip>
> people would
> ideally show up to do prep at 5:30 am.  How many people are willing to
get
> up at that time of the morning on vacation?
<snip>
> Would there be any monetary compensation for those working, or would it
be
> all volunteer?
<snip>
> Where would the foodstuffs come from for this venture?
<snip>
> Has anyone estimated or talked to any of the other food vendors at
Pennsic
> to get a rough estimate of how many they serve each day?  <
<snip>
> Finally, how many of us are willing to work during our vacations?

Like I said, logistically daunting, and as far as I can see, not doable
without a)a significant investment in capital and b)some way to assure
sufficient staffing *without* any way of having an accurate projection of
volume since it would be the first attempt.

Exactly the kind of things I meant when I said it was intriguing but that I
would be daunted by the logistical scope of such a large venture.

Now, if I were *rich*, and could afford to front the venture capital for
the equipment necessary to allow me to do as much as possible in advance
*and* to be able to actually hire staffi, I might be able to manage, but it
would still be daunting.  Even the Ren-Faires and Scottish Festivals that
I've been to which had professional vendors were never set up for as many
people as we get at Pennsics.

I'd love to see it happen though!  It would be a marvelous thing to see,
and if anyone *can* manage such a daunting project, it would be an SCAer.

I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier