SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Aug 27 15:28:27 PDT 2000

At 8:11 PM -0400 8/26/00, margali wrote:
>OK closer to what I want - now, can you dogest it down to some sort of recipe
>that I can follow to make the dad-blamed stuff?

Not until I've made it myself.

>I can figure out how to make the
>aberrant stuff - mush is easy.

But presumably, if Perry is right, that isn't what we want as an
ingredient in dishes that call for qatâif.

>I can sort of figure out the second-the noodle
>bit. I have semolina and water, and olive oil - that works out to a recipe I
>have for noodles. The third, abbasid qata'if sounds like a filled
>pita or maybe
>ravioli cooked...

But you have to have the flatbread first, so you have to go to the
previous recipe. The cookbook is in volume II of my collection.

It sounds as though the term applies to a family of thin, flat breads
and noodles, so if it is being used as an ingredient (which I think
is where we started) you first have to figure out what kind of qatâif
is being used.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/