SC - Protectorate Feast 2 - No recipes

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Mon Aug 28 16:18:51 PDT 2000

As far as those who raised issues about using modern cooking methods vs
period methods for a retail cookshop - this would need to be looked into very
closely with the health department.
In eastern PA, there is a village of shops and restuarants.  One of the
restaurants does a regular colonial cooking demonstration in the lobby where
the large fireplace is.  However, they are not permitted to serve even
samples of the food to the restaurant patrons, and the cooks told me this was
due to health department regulations.  I know the food was stored by modern
methods; I saw the kitchen staff bring it out to set up the table.
The cooks told me that the restaurant staff eats most of what they cook.

Brangwayna Morgan