SC - other names for cola

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 29 08:37:20 PDT 2000

Selene responded to Kirsten who wrote:

>  > I like the name.  Sounds a whole lot better to say "I am drinking South
>>  Downs Ale" when you are in garb at a demo, than "I am drinking a Coke" in
>>  garb.  Do you mind if I start using it up here in Pennsylvania?
>>  Kirsten
>
>MIND?  I was hoping someone besides me would!  Please do so, with my
>blessings!

Here in the Barony of Roaring Wastes (southeastern Detroit, MI, USA)
we lovingly refer to it as "Northwoods Brown Ale." This stems back
to the Barony going full status after spinning off from our parent
Barony of Northwoods just to the west of us. Since we became a
Barony we have paid a tithe of "Northwoods Brown Ale" as a gift to
our parent in exchange for them not taking their lands back. :)

I suspect that you could call your drink whatever you wanted to
as appropriate to your area. "Thorvald's Elixer," "Northwoods
Brown Ale," or "South Downs Ale" all work just fine. Of course,
if you're talking to a mundane you may have to temper the alcohol
reference and give them a conspirital whisper of "I'm secretly
a cola addict and didn't want to offend anyone with an out of place
can." Whatever makes you comfy, or nor explanation at all.

iasmin

Iasmin De Cordoba
gwalli at ptc.com or iasmin at home.com
AOL IM: IasminDeCordoba