SC - Introduction

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 30 07:52:50 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Olwen the Odd

> I would like the idea of baking rather than frying donuts too.  Not too
much
> on sweets though.  I suppose my donut intake is about 1 an month (I like
the
> cake kind which is probably closest to the baked kind anyway).
> Thanks for the information.

Oh, no, these really do turn out like the round deep-fried ones one buys -
just without the oil (but enough sugar to make up for that!) - not that I am
really aware of the different sorts of donuts.  I have only made the plain
recipe (and a chocolate version, just added drinking chocolate).  There are
a bunch of other recipes in the booklet which came with the gadget.  I am
going to try the pumpkin donuts for my Lady (kind of pumpkin pie in a
mini-donut!) and then I need to try out the corn bread style ones, and
then...

There is, however, one little problem with these donuts - the cinnamon sugar
doesn't stick to them well.  I solved that problem for the ones I took to
the meeting by putting the sugar into a sealable container and then adding
the donuts hot from the baking and sealing them in.  This formed enough
steam to make the sugar hold on to the donuts.

Gwynydd