Mortar & pestle options, was Re: SC - Wafers -- and Questions (long)

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 14:17:34 PDT 2000

>>> Jim Revells<sudnserv5 at netway.com> 8/31/00 12:58:17 PM >>>
Greetings to the List.
    .....SNIP...... I must come up with a Day Board/Luncon for the
people attending.  The chalenge is that the feast must be precooked or done
on barbque grills/hotplates due to there being no kitchen avalable on site.
What I would like to have is a brunch/picknic meal from the Carolingian
Empire- periodal if not accurate.  There will be @80 people there & I will
have $4/person to play with- I am seeking easly prepaird dishes that can be
transported & reheated or served at room tempature.  I will have all day
Friday to cook the feast.  Are there any suggestions? <<SNIP >>>>>>>

Sounds like a great opportunity for roasted meat (Lamb and pork?) and an array of brilliant sauces to include mustard, cameline, pepper sauce (great thing with pan juices/broth) and maybe a fruity number like pomegranate or grape or prune.

niccolo difranceco