SC - RE: sca-cooks V1 #2512

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Wed Aug 16 08:06:29 PDT 2000

Thomas cites a bunch of info supporting the word molignane as meaning
eggplants.

> Compare this recipe to Cuoco Napoletano #33. What do you think?

I think it's no fair citing words from backwaters outside of tuscany ;->

I also think I need to get my hands on that Riva del Garda manuscript, this
is just one too many fun variations for me to let it go...

and if those scappi recipes are for a plum I for one don't want to eat them.
fried eggplant with a sauce of vinegar basil & Garlic makes sense...

va bene cosi,
Eden

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com