SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Fri Aug 25 07:16:59 PDT 2000

I love the idea.  I would prefer to see it with a focus of different centuries/ countries on different days.  So, one day I am eating French 14th century, the next day, German 16th century.   This way too, different cooks who's interests or specialities are more focused to a particular country and/or century could volunteer to direct the cooking for that day - by determining the recipes, arranging for the food.  This way - its a joint adventure among the cooks - no one person is unduly burdened with the project.

We could also make up little cookbooks with that day's recipes to sell as souvenirs.  Collect each days - or do one large book with all the recipes served?  (I can format, print and assemble them)

I would volunteer to help with the 14th century french, or any century german (I want to learn more about german cookery).

Would this just be a Pennsic thing - or would other major wars qualify for it also?

Kateryn de Develyn