SC - Re: Making cheese

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Sat Aug 26 12:41:58 PDT 2000

The most milk I've made cheese with at once was 3 gallons and I was teaching
a friend how to make it (It's a good way to have help). ;-)  The largest pot
I have is a 20-qt. stockpot.  I suppose you could break the milk into 3-4
batches and do it that way.  The one thing I do stress is that you need (if
you don't already have one) is a real dairy (not the rinky-dink one that
came with the Salton yogurt makers) -- not candy -- thermometer.  Mine came
with a kit I bought a long time ago (1983), but the cheesemakers' site
carries one I think.

Raoghnailt
Stan Wyrm, Artemisia
Veritas praevalebit