SC - Gluten-free Baklava

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 28 09:15:32 PDT 2000

Now there's a conundrum.  Making a paste that will hold together with no gluten,
hmmm.  Well, enough honey and heat and the resultant candy will hold anything
together, won't it?  I refer you to David Friedman's "duck and bread" response
of Friday, August 25, 10:12 p.m. for period Andalusian recipes that could be
adapted.  They rely on 'flat bread' of wheat, sometimes combined with garbanzos,
for the top and bottom crust.  Use whatever flat bread that your
non-gluten-eater usually uses, and we may have a winner here.