SC - OT - freezing things

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Wed Aug 30 08:41:43 PDT 2000

Selene wrote:

>Nanna and the others are correct.  What's going to happen to it, it's
already
>SOUR for gosh-sakes.  What could happen to it is mold, and that's only if
it's
>been opened, so don't.

Well, it will gradually get more sour, even if it is kept cool and thightly
closed. The question is how sour you can take. Being brought up on Icelandic
skyr, which used to be pretty damn sour (often kept for months) but is much
milder now, I have a taste for pretty potent sour cream but others may
not. - I was, BTW, reminded of what Cecil Adams had to say about expiration
dates on sour cream - it can be found here.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_162.html

Nanna