SC - A Question on Fritters

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 20 19:25:42 PDT 2000

Hi All -

Have just been asked a bit of a puzzling question and hoping I can seek some
guidance from the "Learn'd ones"(tm) :-)

Apparently (not having seen it myself yet) there is a Fritter recipe that
includes Yeast as an ingredient.  The Query is regarding what precise
category (for Lochac Cooks Guild ranking) this would fall under - ie. A.
Breads & Doughs OR B. Pies and Pastries or C.(none of the above)

I would normally declare it to be more Pastry-ish than bread-ish if it
weren't for the Yeast (will be getting more information on recipe and source
tonight [was in fact told but the brain shut down during "back has gone out
AArrrgghhh! hour that followed phone call])

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Mari de Paxford
Brisbane, Australia