SC -corn in the USA

BalthazarBlack at aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Mon Aug 7 09:34:47 PDT 2000

TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> Cornmeal is coarsely ground corn flour (milled grain).  It is commonly used
>  to make polenta

Correct me if I am wrong (as I am sure you will), but wasn't the original
"polenta" made with semolina flour (i.e. Hard Durham wheat)??  I have been
making polenta for years with durham wheat, and have never had any problems
with it.  While I know that cornmeal is often used, I do believe the original
was made with semolina.... I would like to know if anyone else can back me up
on this, as I cannot, for the life of me, find my original reference for this
(maybe it's in the trunk of my car...)

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.