SC - chocolate cream - 1604

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Sun Dec 3 21:22:27 PST 2000

Ratboy wrote:

> Hmmmm Now wait a tic...
> I was told the other day that the cut off date was extended to 1650 to
> allow for the Rapier Fighters...
> Even though I have seen evidence of Rapiers before 1600 (or at least I
> think I have,...)
> So what is the date and was it changed?

Here we go again...

The articles of incorporation, Corpora, etc. say 1600 and have always
said 1600.

HOWEVER-

ONCE- many years ago, the Known World Handbook- WHICH IS NOT an official
document of the SCA and does not deliniate policy, yadda yadda yadda,
mistakenly printed 1650, and then corrected it in the next edition.
Rapier fighters had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I think we have plenty of unexplored territory before 1600.
Why do we need to go beyond that?

moseying out to the Rock now (a Martini- two olives please!)

'Lainie