SC - olives in period spanish recipes?

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Tue Dec 5 09:01:13 PST 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie
Kiri sez:At 06:46 AM 12/5/00 -0500, you wrote:
>OK, so all of you have made your point.  I'll be a good girl and not tempt
>fate.  No, I can't prove when the recipe was created, one way or the
>other....and I doubt anyone else can either.  However, given the basic
history
>of the use of chocolate (used early--late 16th/early17th c's--more as a
savory
>than as a sweet), I suspect, as obviously most of the rest of you do as well,
>that the recipe would be one of the later ones.  I just got really excited at
>the possibility!

as did I, m'dear! I admitted an untoward fondness for 17th century
food....la Varenne rocks! :)

again, please remember that there's nothing in the SCA incorporating
documents that says you HAVE to stick to medieval food of any sort, just
that some of us think its lots more fun that way :).

MOST places in this Known World have no problem at all serving perioide if
not blatently modern food, and chocolate seems a big hit everywhere you go.
I for one plan on playing with this recipe at some point! I just wont serve
it (becuase of my own goofy sensibilities :)) at an SCA banquet unless
asked to do so for the purpose of a theme (ie the baron suddenly gets a
jones to wear a powdered wig! :)) and then they'll have to be putting up
with me saying "#$% this is good! but its not medieval! but its good!"

sorry you feel pounced on...that was not my intent!
- --AM