SC - Period pig info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 10 21:39:56 PST 2000

Anahita asked:
> Lucrezia wrote:
> >This reminds me of a way cool gimmick I came across in San Diego - bubble
> >icecream.
> >
> >Apparently normal ice cream is dropped through liquid nitrogen (?) and forms
> >into bubbles, like the little polystyrene balls you get in packing
> >sometimes. At first it's a bit cold and tasteless, but once it starts to
> >melt the flavor returns with a blast, and the texture is an interesting
> >sensation. Definitely one of the 'thumbs up' experiences I had in the US
> >(OK, so I'm easily amused...).
>
> OK, so, like, where did you find this delicacy? I go to San Diego a
> couple three times a year to visit my mom...

I've had this several times because my wife really likes it. Usually it's
been at places like NASA and various Science museums. The same places
that like to sell "freeze-dried" ice cream. I admit that both of these
are rather interesting as novelties but the bubble ice cream does much
better at cooling you down on a hot day.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net