SC - RE: period parsnip recipes

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Mon Dec 11 16:02:41 PST 2000

To add a few small details, he was born in Cordoba.  His family fled to
Morroco to avoid persecution by the Almohades.  They later moved to
Palestine, then to Cairo, where Maimonides did most of his scholarly work.
He was Court Physician to Al Malik Al Afdal Saladin, Vizier of Egypt.  His
"Guide of the Perplexed" influenced a number of Christian philosophers
including Albertus Magnus and Thomas Aquinas.  Today, Maimonides and Rashi
are the two most studied of the Jewish philosophers.

Bear