SC - RE: Foreign language posts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Dec 12 23:44:41 PST 2000

Bear said:
> Gunthar, I'll second Eden on this.  The untranslated material which comes
> across this list is often from sources to which most of us have no access.
> An English translation would be nice, but the quote from the original source
> is the real meat of researching historical recipes.  I file these away with
> appropriate notes for future reference.  If I believe I need the
> information, it will get translated.

Such messages do get put into the Florilegium, including the wonderful
bibliographies that Thomas has been posting. It is sometimes frustrating
that they are often untranslated. However, this gets them out there
and available for those who can translate them or get someone to translate
them for them. If someone sends me their translations or posts them to
this list than I will then add them to the same files.

So those of you who are looking for additional translation projects...
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net