SC - fleece cleaning

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 21 07:57:51 PST 2000

Lady Celia wrote:

>   Even a developed country can have bacteria in the water which you system
> will not handle well.  It's not that the water is "dirty", it's just that your
>
> system becomes accustomed to the bacteria in your own water system but may
> revolt if bacteria from other regions is introduced.  So sticking to hot
> drinks and bottled water or juices (which are always served cold) is a
> better idea than expecting what you would drink locally.  Besides, half the
> fun of visiting another country is sampling things as they serve them,
> right ;-)

To be honest, I even have this trouble here in the good old US of A...whenever I
travel, I find that the added chemicals in city/hotel water creates problems
with my system (we have a well here at chez Kiri & Phillip).  So I always drink
bottled water when traveling.  The only exception I make is that I do use ice.

Kiri