SC - Bread question--OOP, but yummy

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Sat Dec 23 20:04:51 PST 2000

Another suggestion might be to ask your web master to put the feast menu and
ingredient list up on the event website. This gives folk a chance to see for
themselves what ingredients are in what; and can go far to lightening up
your work load as well.

I find it really quite amazing that both the non-recognition of service and
lack of information available for the "masses" is still happening out there
in the rest of the knowne world. I must be lucky here in that there has been
some embracing of the fact that sometimes people who are doing feast also
include documentation, menus, ingredient lists on web sites/hard copy and at
the site the day of  not to mention a little history lesson in theme of the
feast. True, a small flyer on the table is really oop but given that the
trade off is a more educated public...I, for one, have no problem with this.

Its really not that much of a stretch to start a tradition (Ive heard a
scadin saying that if its done 3 times - its tradition <smile>) and post
more information than absolutely necessary. I feel very strongly about
taking the art/science of the culinary arts out of the kitchen and into the
laps of the populace. Can't you tell? <evil smile>

Clearly everybody knows that doing a feast is hard work, if not the most
labour intensive on all levels. Unfortunately all too many people really
dont understand about all the peripheral skills and work that actually go
into the
finished product. Quite a few people see food in front of them and that's as
far back as it goes. Regrettably quite alot of people think that the meat
still comes from the grocery store. The
thought process ends there.

So I say go ahead and take Lars advice.

Micaylah