Thanks and Breakfast question, was Re:SC - What would you do?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 14:03:54 PST 2000

In a message dated 12/28/2000 1:34:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jenne at mail.browser.net writes:

<< Now, how about some suggestions for period foods that modern eaters would
 percieve as 'breakfast' foods? I've tried the Orange Omelette and didn't
 find it palatable, but I'm definitely looking at Hanoney (eggs with
 onions, what's not to like?) >>

I have successfully served Payn Purdew (French toast without the cinnamon)
and Brown Fries (same idea but brown bread with saffron instead of cinnamon)
for breakfast, as well as Hanoney (which I've actually been making all my
life anyway).  Meselade is scrambled eggs on toast, with a little sugar
sprinkled on.  The arbolettys in Take a Thousand Eggs, (while Cindy Renfrow
has told me she thinks the original is a scribal error), makes a very tasty
herb and cheesy omeletty sort of unit.  Duke Cariadoc apparently has another
version on his website, although the project I wanted to include it in is
somewhat on hold right now, so I haven't looked it up...

Brangwayna Morgan