Lurkers (was Re: SC - RE:What would you do?)

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Thu Dec 28 21:22:51 PST 2000

> Now, how about some suggestions for period foods that modern eaters would
> percieve as 'breakfast' foods?

> I've tried the Orange Omelette and didn't
> find it palatable, but I'm definitely looking at Hanoney (eggs with
> onions, what's not to like?), Carbonara, rice pudding, and plum mousse.
> And of course bread. Other suggestions?

I have also served Hanoney but after trying it the first time (for 40 many
years ago) I would suggest trimming back a little on the onions for mass
consumption. Unless your "crowd" likes very onion-y eggs of course. I always
have this for the "brekkie staple" at least once at camping event weekends
as it is a good source of protienish food for those fighters among your
foodgroup. <whisper> I sometimes also like to throw in some chpd apple too.

As well, I also serve back bacon or ham, complete that with griddle cakes of
some sort and poof you have a breakfast. Sausage is also an alternative.

Grain cereals (Cream of Wheat/Oatmeal/whatever) with some fruit and cheese
on the side could also be a quick filling first meal.

And of course...coffee. It is really quite amazing how popular you can be
first thing in the morning when there is unlimited coffee wafting its way
thru the encampment! Makes breakfast a populated and enjoyable thing. Great
way to start the day!

Micaylah
~whose favourite meal just might be breakfast!~