SC - no longer Re: Taillevent bio

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Dec 28 22:22:11 PST 2000

Afternoon all,

I appear to have finally caught up on the December Cooks posts (happens when
you go to work on 28/29 December with nothing to do.....)

> Jadwiga scribed....
>
> But I get the impression that most groups object violently to
> havingsomeone from
> outside the group cook a feast. Some groups even seem toimpose other
> requirements (membership in a local cook's guild is one I'veheard of). So,
> is
> this an impossible dream? Should I consider moving?
>
> ***************
>
> Jadwiga - You could always move down under and join in with my friends and
> I .... (Meliora, Oriel, Drake & Giles)

You would be most welcome !!!!

> We recently travelled inter-state to work as the kitchen crew for a big
> Christmas/Invest/Devest event (original kitchen crew couldn't fulfill
> obligation, and as we were all planning to attend anyway, it sort of
> worked out well for the head cook).   Have contemplated calling ourselves
> the Lochac Event Roadies.... Right Meliora?? <grin>

Absolutely!  The phrase was first coined in July this year when Drake and I
and some friends dropped into the kitchen at Midwinter which Lorix ran (some
list members may remember Lorix).  Well comments started flying about the
fact that the same people seem to always end up in the kitchen regardless
where in Australia the event is being held .... and so the phrase was
coined.

> On other notes - I spend a lot of time in the kitchens at inter-state
> events doing Kitchen hand work.   I just make sure that the head cook
> knows I'm attending the event and pre-ask if they would like a
> bottle-washer/carrot peeler etc.....   Seems to work out okay for all
> concerned

Yup.  I'm more disorganized so I tend to just wander into kitchens and pick
up a tea-towel (as the washing-up ALWAYS needs doing).  Later on I introduce
myself and generally help around with whatever needs doing.  I also find
that non-locals are usually VERY welcome in the kitchen when local court
(Baronial etc.) starts, as a lot of the local helpers leave the kitchen at
that time.

> Mari
> (Brisbane, Australia)

Mel - Mari's Sith-Twin
(Canberra, Australia)

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain information
that is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee named
above.  It may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient do
not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy or take any action in
reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender immediately and delete this message.  Before opening any
attachments, check them for viruses or defects.