SC - Clotted Cream taste test

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Dec 10 06:34:36 PST 2000

In a message dated 12/9/00 10:43:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

<< Can't imagine what you could use as a substitute. Mascarpone? I
 wouldn't mix butter and evaporated milk as that wouldn't make a
 product even remotely close to what i had in England. >>

This pretty accurate, IMO. What I had was slightly sourish witha hint of
barnyard. :-) It was very silky and and was really deliscious with the
marmalade and scones that were served with it. Wonderful stuff but nothing I
have eaten in the US remotely resembles it. :-(

Ras