SC - OOP- Devonshire or Clotted Cream from Joy of Cooking

Alex Wollangk orion at mailbag.com
Mon Dec 11 12:18:06 PST 2000

>I've tried this several times, but U.S. cream does not seem to have the fat
>content to make this really worthwhile.

I haven't been able to find unpasteurized cream.  Pasteurized cream has had
all the albumens mucked up.  I live out in the country among a bunch of
dairy farms, though, so I may get some cream from them and give it a try,
but probably won't have time.  Also, leaving cream out for six to twelve
hours would give my wife the heebie jeebies and so she wouldn't eat any
anyway... <sigh>  I might get away with making it, trying it myself first so
I know it isn't toxic, and then feeding it to her on the sly, but that's a
bit too underhanded for my taste...  Scruples... They'll get you every
time... :/

Bran