SC - duck broth/soup

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Feb 8 23:34:08 PST 2000

Akim said:
> I suggest you look at the traditional Ukrainian decorated
> eggs.  They are 17th century and maybe even late
> 16th.  Anyone have any good documentation on period
> dates for Ukrainian decorated eggs?  I seem to recall
> someone in Meridies (Adian?) did a paper on Ukrainian
> eggs for kingdom A&S within the past 5 or 6 years.  Any
> Meridian remember who?

You might want to check this file in the CRAFTS section of my Florilegium.
Unfortunately, while several messages say the craft is pre-christian they
do not give evidence. Some allude to books but there is only one title
given.
pysanky-eggs-msg  (13K) 12/17/99    Painted and dyed eggs of eastern Europe.

If someone locates this person that wrote the article on pysanky eggs, I
would love to get their contact info so I could perhaps persuade them to
let me add their article to the Florilegium.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net