SC - Response from author of horrible period foods article.

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Thu Feb 10 13:38:33 PST 2000

Sorry Tongue in cheek here.

But think of the Event theme.  A  medieval seafarers exploration of the
exotic lands. Pirates on the High Seas.  Decorate the feast hall with a map
showing a Flat world.  Perhaps make a game of falling of the World.  Those
below the salt are off the world.

The more Nautical member of our Society could educate the public with
period types of ships and tools.  Classes in Knots for private fun as well
as practical use.  There could be a bardic circle focused on salty
tales.  Perhaps an A & S featuring  like items.  Have a mermaid or merman
costrume contest.

One could have guienne pigs, elephants, Penguins, Various similes of
reported sea monsters, fish, clams and Lrd Ras' testicles with the peppered
white sauce. (Sorry Ras after you asked me how I like mine fixed while you
were holding a knife)

This could be a fun event.  Wish I had access to cheap seafood.

Frederich