SC - Sausages

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Feb 12 08:50:34 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/12/00 9:53:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Bronwynmgn at aol.com writes:

<< I did eat English Sausages (you know, meat and spices
 in a casing sausages) on my honeymoon, I did not care for them, and I was
 distressed by the texture, which I have never encountered in any other type
 of sausage. >>

Is there anyone on this list who actually lives in England and either makes
or purchases various English sausages who can shine light on the various
types that are available in Britain? I suspect that not all sausages made in
England can be described in the same way. Is there a specific sausage that is
called by the name 'English' sausage (e.g., containing slimy stuff) in the
same manner that we have 'Italian' sausage (e.g., with fennel) or 'Polish'
sausage (e.g., kielbasi)?

Ras