SC - 101 ways to punish a Herald...

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Wed Feb 16 01:25:18 PST 2000

I stopped in one of the local cooking stores this evening, just to
browse, drool, dream, plot, and contemplate. They had some new rolling
pins. Very simple design, long and thin, with no handles (neither the
thicker, shorter US style with handles, nor the long, thin tapered
French style I also know). Hardwood about 3cm x 50cm.  Made in eastern
Europe. Had a real nice feel and balance. Wackable. Some were slightly
warped or bent. So here I am, armload of rolling pins over at the
cashier's countertop, rolling them along the top, checking for
roundness. And it seems so normal and obvious.

So, what do the other kids do for fun? :)

Seumas